Connecting Greens on the North Shore
- Sat05Jan20191:00 PMJohn Braithwaite Community Center 145 1st St W, North Vancouver, British Columbia V7M 1B1
This is your opportunity to meet, mingle and hear from the 3 strong candidates who want to represent our North Vancouver riding in the October 2019 Federal Election.
The event where Federal Green party members can vote for which of these candidates will represent us is scheduled for 1:00pm on Saturday, February 9 at the Lonsdale Quay Hotel.
Follow the link for details.
- Sat09Feb201912:15 PMLonsdale Quay Hotel (3rd floor at Lonsdale Quay Market)
February 9 is the exciting event where YOU vote to decide which of these three contenders will be our North Vancouver Green Party candidate in the upcoming Federal election on October 21, 2019.We'll be getting started right at 1 pm, so please arrive anytime after 12:15pm.
- Wed27Feb20197 pm - 8:30 pmNorth Vancouver City Library 3rd floor Program Room, 120 W. 14th Street North Vancouver, BC V7M 1N9 Canada
The goal with Cool North Shore's Cool Drinks events is for North Shore residents to become well informed about local sustainability issues and feel empowered to take action together to create a low-carbon community.
At February's Cool Drinks, Nancy Olewiler of SFU and the Province of BC's Climate Advisory Council will share key actions from CleanBC, the BC government's new climate change plan; how the Council participated in its development; and next steps for the Province of BC with respect to climate action.
Afterwards, Dale Littlejohn of the Community Energy Association will discuss possible policies and climate change initiatives that municipalities could implement to support the high level actions in CleanBC.
Following the presentations, time will be available for a Q&A with our guest speakers.
- Mon04Mar20191:30 - 3:30 pm OR 7 - 9pmHighlands United Church 3255 Edgemont Boulevard North Vancouver, BC V7R 2P1
On Monday, March 4th from 1:30 to 3:30 pm or 7-9 pm at Highlands United Church join the introduction to Project Drawdown, the most comprehensive plan ever proposed to reverse #globalwarming #climatechangeisreal
Learn more about the Project Drawdown and meet others in our community who are already actively working toward making a difference.
- Sun31Mar20191:30 PM - 3:30 PMThe PROFILE Coworking Business Club 120 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7L 1B1
Meet Elizabeth May, MP and Leader of the Federal Green Party, and George Orr, our Federal Green Party candidate for North Vancouver in the October 2019 Federal Election. George is asking for your help in getting elected - we need a team of Green MPs now - to work on oceans, rivers and the environment.
We still have time ... ACT NOW - VOTE GREEN
The Profile is accessibly by public transit and free parking is available at the ICBC Parking lot at Lonsdale Quay, a couple of blocks away. The Profile is a Co-Working Business Club /art gallery, a wonderful space with a fun vibe. We will provide music and refreshments.
George is a former journalist who has worked in the city’s major newsrooms and taught journalism at BCIT. He has produced seven documentaries including an award-winning one on climate change. Some of his documentaries will be on hand for you to see. He is a passionate advocate for action on the climate crisis!
The event is free, but you do need to register at Eventbrite.
- Wed17Apr20196:30 pm - 9:00 pmDelbrook Community Recreation Centre 851 West Queens Road North Vancouver, BC V7N 4E3North Vancouver Green Party is holding its AGM and Campaign Update 17 April 2019 Fir Room, Delbrook Rec Centre, W. Queens Rd.Doors open 6:30 pm
AGM Agenda - Attendees must be registered members of the Green Party of Canada
- Minutes of Meeting of January 24, 2018
- CEO and Financial Agent reports 2018
- Election of Executive Board members and Members-at-Large
- 2019 Campaign Update with our Candidate George Orr www.georgeorrgreenparty.com/
Please RSVP on Eventbrite
- Sat04May201910am to NoonDelbrook Community Centre, Maple Room (2nd Floor), 851 Queens St on 232 Bus Route
- Thu23May20198:00 pm - 9:30 pm2055 Purcell Way, North Vancouver, BC V7J 3H5
In Conversation with Green Party Leader Elizabeth May. An award-winning broadcaster and co-host of Daily Planet, Ziya Tong’s forthcoming book, The Reality Bubble, presents her formidable understanding of the urgent problems confronting our world
- Sat22Jun20198:00 am - 11:00 pmLynn Valley
We need your help in spreading the GREEN message.
We need to march together in a Parade.
We need to work together to engage with our community.
We need to make the change that is necessary to save our future.
Please contact Anne Schretlen (email@example.com)
Your help will make a difference.
Details to follow.
- Thu22Aug20196 pm - 8 pm111 West 3rd Street, North Vancouver
Please join George Orr and North Van Greens team for our campaign office opening party on Thursday, August 22 from 6pm - 8pm.
It’s your chance to meet with your GREEN candidate, learn about our campaign, talk to George and the team, and find out how you can help out.
All ages are welcome.
- Sat14Sep20191:30 pm - 3:30 pmpin Lynn Valley Village 1233 - 1277 Lynn Valley Road, North Vancouver
Pop-Up Office "Community Style"
Meet Your Green Party Candidate - George Orr – and get your questions answered.
Lynn Valley Plaza - Community Complex, Multi-Purpose Room (next to the Library) Saturday, September 14th - 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m
Invite your family, friends, neighbours.
Come and have some fun and show your support. No need to RSVP.
George and the Green Team look forward to seeing you there.
All are welcome.
- Fri27Sep20191:00 PMVancouver City Hall, 453 West 12th Avenue (at Cambie St.), Vancouver, BC V5Y 1V4
George & the rest of the Team from the Campaign Office will be leaving here (111 - West 3rd St., North Vancouver) at approximately 11:30 AM to head over via the seabus & if you would like to drop in just before that to pick up a sign to wave, please do; or bring your own, preferably made of recycled materials & keep the messages generic GREEN rather than "Vote for George" variety.
Please wear your "Because there's no planet B" T-shirts (can be worn over jackets if it is raining out.)
Look for the rest with the Green T-shirts at Vancouver City Hall.
- Sat19Oct20191:30 pm - 3:00 pm111 West 3rd Street, North Vancouver
This Saturday, Green Party leader Elizabeth May will arrive here in North Vancouver at 1:30pm at the Green Party office at 111 West 3rd Street.
She’s coming to thank the volunteers who have worked on the Green campaign, and to spread the Green message that this election is a referendum on climate change.
She’ll be mainstreeting with North Vancouver candidate George Orr in the community.
- Sat19Oct20197:00 pm - 10:00 pmRoom 211, West Building, 1055 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 0C3
Come join the excitement as Green Party leader Elizabeth May holds her last Vancouver rally before the election.
You will be inspired by messages of hope and stories of success from Elizabeth and other special guests to be announced!
This is a historical opportunity to hear one of Canada's major political leaders speak on the eve of one of the most important elections in Canada's history.
Everyone is welcome to this wonderful green evening of live music and mingling. Please wear green and bring your signs!!!
- Fri25Oct201911 AM – 2 PMVancouver Art Gallery 750 Hornby Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2H7
n September, more than 7 MILLION people worldwide mobilized to demand climate action as part of the Global Climate Strike. That included over 900,000 people across Canada and almost 200,000 in Vancouver, making it the biggest march ever in our city. But that was only the beginning!
No matter what happens during the election, we will not stop taking to the streets! Join us and Greta Thunberg on October 25th, 11am - 2pm PT, at the Vancouver Art Gallery for our next climate strike!
- Fri29Nov2019Doors open at 6:30 pmHeritage Hall, 3102 Main Street, Vancouver
Please join Elizabeth May, Adriane Carr, Pete Fry, Mike Wiebe,
Stuart Mackinnon, Dave Demers, Camil Dumont,
Janet Fraser, Lois Chan-Pedley, and Estrellita Gonzalez for our Annual Green Gala.
We have so much to celebrate and even more to look forward to!
There will be silent and live auctions, speeches, hors d'oeuvres, and plenty of time to mingle.
Tickets available here.