Connecting Greens on the North Shore
- Wed25May20167:00 to 9:00 PMLonsdale Rec Centre
Learn more about alternative voting systems and how you can get involved.
- Sun05Jun2016Noon to 3 PMA Big Park Nearby
Join other concerned citizens for a rally against the expansion of the fossil fuel industry and the expansion of tanker traffic on our coastline.
- Sat25Jun20166:00 PMLonsdale Waterfront Park
Join the North Shore Greens for a fun evening of food, music and general good times!
- Tue12Jul20166:30 PMVenue has changed to Highlands United Church at 3255 Edgemont Blvd.
Hosted by our local MP, Jonathan Wilkinson. Bring your friends and neighbours as there will be plenty of seating available.
- Fri19Aug20162:30pm to 7:00pmNorth Vancouver District Hall, 355 West Queens St
The Liberal Federal Gov't is hosting this meeting to hear public input on the pipeline and resulting increased oil tanker traffic in the harbour. Formal registration is not required, but you can RSVP and show your support by Clicking Here.
- Sat05Nov20165:30 PMSt. Catherine's Anglican Church, 1058 Ridgeway Drive, NV
This is a free family friendly fun pot-luck event to thank all our NV Green Party supporters. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org re: questions. All we ask is that your bring a dish to add to the potluck. Please click here to confirm your attendance.
- Sun13Nov20161:30pm - 3:30pmLynn Valley Community Centre, 1277 Lynn Valley Road, North Vancouver
At this event, you will:
1. Receive an update about some of the the current challenges facing the GPC
2. Receive an overview of three vision paradigms that can be used to guide the GPC and learn how they can run at cross purposes - see https://goo.gl/iNv30u
3. Receive an introduction to some of the processes used by the Green Party in Germany and how we could learn from them
4. Contribute your feedback on which of the three vision paradigms resonates the most with you and why
5. Contribute your feedback on how we can mature as a political party and what we could learn from our German cousins
6. Learn what you can do to help make the SGM in Calgary a success
RSVP to email@example.com
More details at www.facebook.com/events/682492991932192/
- Mon23Jan20177:00 PMHoliday Inn and Suites, 700 Old Lillooet Rd, North Vancouver
Hope to see you there. Click here to register
- Wed25Jan20177:00 PMJohn Braithwaite Community Centre - 145 West 1st Street
Agenda includes Annual Report from the CEO, Financial Report from our Financial Agent, Goals and Priorities for 2017, Election of EDA Board Members.
Please send questions and RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mon30Jan20177:00 PMJohn Braithwaite Community Centre, 145 1st St W
Doors open at 6:30 pm for socializing. $10 cash admission - includes light refreshments. Speakers from NV District, NV City, West Van District. Register at http://nsclimateaction.eventbrite.ca
- Thu23Feb20176:30pm - 8:30pmLynn Valley Centre Library Meeting Room - Main Floor
· Updating everyone on how to contribute to our social media sites
· Discussing events we should participate in, e.g. , Lynn Valley Days, etc.
· Discussing how we can best support the top three Federal Green Party Policy initiatives 1) Reversing the Kinder Morgan decision 2) Ensuring Electoral Reform happens 3) Stopping TPP & CETA
· Discussing what we need to do to elect BC Greens on the North Shore in the upcoming provincial election on May 9
- Mon03Apr20177:00 PMRaven Pub, 1052 Deep Cove Road
As a young person, Joshua does not just talk about making changes for future generations, he is living it.
Click here to learn more about Joshua and donate or volunteer for his campaign.
- Sat17Jun20179:00am to 4:00pm3590 Mountain Hwy, North Vancouver
THANK YOU for your support in the BC election on May 9.
BC Green candidates on North Shore had the biggest growth in vote share across all political parties in the province !
Federal and BC Green Party members will be at our Green tent all day to answer questions and have some fun - come visit us to learn more.
Here is link to learn more about the overall Lynn Valley Days Fair
- Sat04Nov20176:00 PMSt. Catherine's Anglican Church, 1058 Ridgewood Drive, NV
- Sat16Jun201810 am - 4 pmLynn Valley Park, 3590 Mountain Hwy, North Vancouver
We're all ears to hear what's on your mind and discuss local community, BC, and national issues.
There will also be a butterfly colouring and craft making table for children.
For more info on what else is happening at this community event, see
- Mon06Aug20181 pm - 3:30 pmWest End Garden (address to be provided 24 hours prior)
Please join Green Party of Canada Leader Elizabeth May and Vancouver City Councillor Adriane Carr on August 6 for cocktails and canapés at an exclusive garden party and fundraiser in Vancouver's West End to help the Green Party of Vancouver elect 4 city councillors, 3 park board commissioners & 3 school board trustees on October 20, 2018.
- Fri28Sep2018Sun30Sep2018Westin Bayshore (1601 Bayshore Drive)
Join us September 28-30th in Vancouver, B.C. for our biggest and most exciting Convention yet! We’ve seen an exhilarating groundswell of support for the Green movement across Canada this past year. Let’s keep that momentum going.
We’re packing the weekend with an incredible selection of speakers, events, training sessions and more — all geared towards getting Greens ready to make history in 2019. Don’t miss out.
- Sat03Nov20185:30 PM – 8:30 PMpin John Braithwaite Community Center 145 1st St W, North Vancouver, British Columbia V7M 1B1
This is our annual Potluck dinner social event where new and existing Green members and supporters get an opportunity to mingle and chat while sharing each others food. During the evening there will be brief updates on the PR Referendum campaign, recent and planned Green Party events, and a chance to meet our candidates for the October 2019 Federal election. There will also be looping background slide show with highlights of what our EDA has been doing over the past year.
Please note that pre-cooked food can be (re)heated in the adjacent kitchen, but there are no "cooking" facilities.
- Wed28Nov20186:30 pm - 9:00 pmHighland United Church (Room 202), 3255 Edgemont Blvd, North Vancouver
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
A unique opportunity to learn more about the recent book DRAWDOWN that describes the top 80 ways we can reduce Global Warming.
- Sat05Jan20191:00 PMJohn Braithwaite Community Center 145 1st St W, North Vancouver, British Columbia V7M 1B1
This is your opportunity to meet, mingle and hear from the 3 strong candidates who want to represent our North Vancouver riding in the October 2019 Federal Election.
The event where Federal Green party members can vote for which of these candidates will represent us is scheduled for 1:00pm on Saturday, February 9 at the Lonsdale Quay Hotel.
Follow the link for details.
- Sat09Feb201912:15 PMLonsdale Quay Hotel (3rd floor at Lonsdale Quay Market)
February 9 is the exciting event where YOU vote to decide which of these three contenders will be our North Vancouver Green Party candidate in the upcoming Federal election on October 21, 2019.We'll be getting started right at 1 pm, so please arrive anytime after 12:15pm.
- Wed27Feb20197 pm - 8:30 pmNorth Vancouver City Library 3rd floor Program Room, 120 W. 14th Street North Vancouver, BC V7M 1N9 Canada
The goal with Cool North Shore's Cool Drinks events is for North Shore residents to become well informed about local sustainability issues and feel empowered to take action together to create a low-carbon community.
At February's Cool Drinks, Nancy Olewiler of SFU and the Province of BC's Climate Advisory Council will share key actions from CleanBC, the BC government's new climate change plan; how the Council participated in its development; and next steps for the Province of BC with respect to climate action.
Afterwards, Dale Littlejohn of the Community Energy Association will discuss possible policies and climate change initiatives that municipalities could implement to support the high level actions in CleanBC.
Following the presentations, time will be available for a Q&A with our guest speakers.
- Mon04Mar20191:30 - 3:30 pm OR 7 - 9pmHighlands United Church 3255 Edgemont Boulevard North Vancouver, BC V7R 2P1
On Monday, March 4th from 1:30 to 3:30 pm or 7-9 pm at Highlands United Church join the introduction to Project Drawdown, the most comprehensive plan ever proposed to reverse #globalwarming #climatechangeisreal
Learn more about the Project Drawdown and meet others in our community who are already actively working toward making a difference.
- Sun31Mar20191:30 PM - 3:30 PMThe PROFILE Coworking Business Club 120 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7L 1B1
Meet Elizabeth May, MP and Leader of the Federal Green Party, and George Orr, our Federal Green Party candidate for North Vancouver in the October 2019 Federal Election. George is asking for your help in getting elected - we need a team of Green MPs now - to work on oceans, rivers and the environment.
We still have time ... ACT NOW - VOTE GREEN
The Profile is accessibly by public transit and free parking is available at the ICBC Parking lot at Lonsdale Quay, a couple of blocks away. The Profile is a Co-Working Business Club /art gallery, a wonderful space with a fun vibe. We will provide music and refreshments.
George is a former journalist who has worked in the city’s major newsrooms and taught journalism at BCIT. He has produced seven documentaries including an award-winning one on climate change. Some of his documentaries will be on hand for you to see. He is a passionate advocate for action on the climate crisis!
The event is free, but you do need to register at Eventbrite.
- Wed17Apr20196:30 pm - 9:00 pmDelbrook Community Recreation Centre 851 West Queens Road North Vancouver, BC V7N 4E3North Vancouver Green Party is holding its AGM and Campaign Update 17 April 2019 Fir Room, Delbrook Rec Centre, W. Queens Rd.Doors open 6:30 pm
AGM Agenda - Attendees must be registered members of the Green Party of Canada
- Minutes of Meeting of January 24, 2018
- CEO and Financial Agent reports 2018
- Election of Executive Board members and Members-at-Large
- 2019 Campaign Update with our Candidate George Orr www.georgeorrgreenparty.com/
Please RSVP on Eventbrite
- Sat04May201910am to NoonDelbrook Community Centre, Maple Room (2nd Floor), 851 Queens St on 232 Bus Route
- Thu23May20198:00 pm - 9:30 pm2055 Purcell Way, North Vancouver, BC V7J 3H5
In Conversation with Green Party Leader Elizabeth May. An award-winning broadcaster and co-host of Daily Planet, Ziya Tong’s forthcoming book, The Reality Bubble, presents her formidable understanding of the urgent problems confronting our world
- Sat22Jun20198:00 am - 11:00 pmLynn Valley
We need your help in spreading the GREEN message.
We need to march together in a Parade.
We need to work together to engage with our community.
We need to make the change that is necessary to save our future.
Please contact Anne Schretlen (email@example.com)
Your help will make a difference.
Details to follow.
- Thu22Aug20196 pm - 8 pm111 West 3rd Street, North Vancouver
Please join George Orr and North Van Greens team for our campaign office opening party on Thursday, August 22 from 6pm - 8pm.
It’s your chance to meet with your GREEN candidate, learn about our campaign, talk to George and the team, and find out how you can help out.
All ages are welcome.
- Sat14Sep20191:30 pm - 3:30 pmpin Lynn Valley Village 1233 - 1277 Lynn Valley Road, North Vancouver
Pop-Up Office "Community Style"
Meet Your Green Party Candidate - George Orr – and get your questions answered.
Lynn Valley Plaza - Community Complex, Multi-Purpose Room (next to the Library) Saturday, September 14th - 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m
Invite your family, friends, neighbours.
Come and have some fun and show your support. No need to RSVP.
George and the Green Team look forward to seeing you there.
All are welcome.
- Fri27Sep20191:00 PMVancouver City Hall, 453 West 12th Avenue (at Cambie St.), Vancouver, BC V5Y 1V4
George & the rest of the Team from the Campaign Office will be leaving here (111 - West 3rd St., North Vancouver) at approximately 11:30 AM to head over via the seabus & if you would like to drop in just before that to pick up a sign to wave, please do; or bring your own, preferably made of recycled materials & keep the messages generic GREEN rather than "Vote for George" variety.
Please wear your "Because there's no planet B" T-shirts (can be worn over jackets if it is raining out.)
Look for the rest with the Green T-shirts at Vancouver City Hall.
- Sat19Oct20191:30 pm - 3:00 pm111 West 3rd Street, North Vancouver
This Saturday, Green Party leader Elizabeth May will arrive here in North Vancouver at 1:30pm at the Green Party office at 111 West 3rd Street.
She’s coming to thank the volunteers who have worked on the Green campaign, and to spread the Green message that this election is a referendum on climate change.
She’ll be mainstreeting with North Vancouver candidate George Orr in the community.
- Sat19Oct20197:00 pm - 10:00 pmRoom 211, West Building, 1055 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 0C3
Come join the excitement as Green Party leader Elizabeth May holds her last Vancouver rally before the election.
You will be inspired by messages of hope and stories of success from Elizabeth and other special guests to be announced!
This is a historical opportunity to hear one of Canada's major political leaders speak on the eve of one of the most important elections in Canada's history.
Everyone is welcome to this wonderful green evening of live music and mingling. Please wear green and bring your signs!!!
- Fri25Oct201911 AM – 2 PMVancouver Art Gallery 750 Hornby Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2H7
n September, more than 7 MILLION people worldwide mobilized to demand climate action as part of the Global Climate Strike. That included over 900,000 people across Canada and almost 200,000 in Vancouver, making it the biggest march ever in our city. But that was only the beginning!
No matter what happens during the election, we will not stop taking to the streets! Join us and Greta Thunberg on October 25th, 11am - 2pm PT, at the Vancouver Art Gallery for our next climate strike!
- Fri29Nov2019Doors open at 6:30 pmHeritage Hall, 3102 Main Street, Vancouver
Please join Elizabeth May, Adriane Carr, Pete Fry, Mike Wiebe,
Stuart Mackinnon, Dave Demers, Camil Dumont,
Janet Fraser, Lois Chan-Pedley, and Estrellita Gonzalez for our Annual Green Gala.
We have so much to celebrate and even more to look forward to!
There will be silent and live auctions, speeches, hors d'oeuvres, and plenty of time to mingle.
Tickets available here.
- Sat25Jan20206:00pm - 9:00pmJohn Braithwaite Community Centre at 145 West 1st Street
You are invited to our Green Party Potluck on Saturday January 25, 2020 from 6:00 - 9:00 pm!
It will be held in the John Braithwaite Community Centre at 145 West 1st Street, in North Vancouver. There is free parking in the ICBC lot and the centre is easily accessed by transit.
Please bring a food contribution to share at the event (reusable dishes please!) Let's reconnect after the holidays and start discussing plans for 2020.
Please RSVP at Eventbrite.
- Sun09Feb202010 am - 1 pmChief Joe Mathias Centre 100 Lower Capilano Road, North Vancouver
Join the Squamish Nation for a pancake brunch fundraiser to stop Trans Mountain.
We love pancakes, and our community, and we are raising funds to pay for the cost of three First Nations’ legal challenges against the Trans Mountain pipeline and tanker project (Coldwater, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh).
Come, enjoy breakfast with your friends and family for a great cause. Will be announcing performers and talent soon!
Tickets here! No one turned away for lack of funds
- Fri21Feb20207:00 PM3255 Edgemont Blvd, North Vancouver
The participating merchants are hosting a launch event on Feb. 21, at 7 pm at Highlands United Church, 3255 Edgemont Blvd, North Vancouver. Please show your support for this timely and exciting initiative and come.
- Sat22Feb20201:00 PMJohn Braithwaite Community Centre at 145 West 1st Street
The North Vancouver Greens are hosting a talk by Michael Doherty, a lawyer with Ecojustice, Canada’s largest environmental law charity. It is called, “Litigating Against Climate Change: How Does It Work?” In addition to speaking about Ecojustice’s own constitutional challenge to Ontario’s climate change targets and other recent cases, Dr. Doherty will give an overview of the different ways in which the law is used as a tool to fight climate change.
Time: Saturday Feb. 22. Doors open at 1 pm. Michael's presentation will start at 1:20 pm and will be followed by a Q & A until 3:30 pm
Location: the Braithwaite Community Centre on 145 West 1st Street, North Vancouver.
The event is free, but to guarantee your seat, you need to reserve your tickets through Eventbrite.
- Wed11Mar20207:00 pm - 8:30 pmMeeting Room 2, John Braithwaite Community Centre, 145 W 1st St, North Vancouver, BC.
We want to create a plan for the year coming up: identify our goals, how we are going to achieve them, and who is going to be responsible for the tasks needed to carry out the plan: What, How, and Who.
So far, we are thinking about growing our membership and keeping people engaged by holding a series of events, both social and instructive (such as Michael Doherty’s recent talk about the law and climate change).
We will take this plan to our AGM for ratification. We will also present a slate of people who are willing to be on the EDA Board and carry out this plan. We hope you can come to the meeting on March 11, help us craft the plan and choose the slate! Among other things, we are looking for people who are interested in social media, membership, community events, and young Greens.
The AGM, to which all our members will be invited, will take place on the evening of April 29. It will be in the Arbutus Room, Delbrook Community Centre. A formal announcement will be coming.
At our strategy meeting, Dave Hunter, our CEO, will also be providing an update on what’s happening at GPC headquarters, how the search for a new executive director and party leader is going and how the Green Party will position itself for the future.
- Fri20Mar20207pm - 10pm The Pint - Public House 455 Abbott St Vancouver, BC V6B 2L2 Canada
Organized by Green Party of Vancouver.
- Sat11Apr20202:00 PM – 4:00 PMNorth Vancouver City Library 120 W 14th St North Vancouver, BC
Introducing "Project Drawdown", the most comprehensive plan ever proposed to reverse global warming.
A qualified and diverse group of researchers from around the world identified, researched, and modeled the most substantive, existing solutions to address climate change. What was uncovered is a path to roll back global warming within 30 years.
Humanity has the means at hand. Nothing new needs to be invented. Our work is to accelerate the knowledge and growth of what is possible. Learn more about Project DRAWDOWN and meet others in our community who are also seeking ways to make a difference.
RSVP on Eventbrite
- Sun21Jun20204:00 PMonlineThere are now ten candidates in the Green Party of Canada leadership race.Fair Vote is hosting them for a debate on democratic issues this Sunday at 4:00 PM (Pacific). Elizabeth May and Jim Harris will be moderating.Don't miss it!
This debate won’t be limited to electoral reform—it’s about our democracy! Voter turnout, youth engagement, cooperation with other parties and more—it’s all on the table.Register now to attend online.
- Wed08Jul20203:00 PMvia Zoom
Mark your calendars for the globe-spanning virtual discussion featuring New Zealand’s Green Party Co-leader and Climate Change Minister, James Shaw, and Elizabeth May, MP and parliamentary leader of the Green Party Canada.
The discussion will focus on how a small number of elected Greens can make a real difference in developing and passing progressive legislation. James will also talk about the role New Zealand Greens played in their government’s successful management of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Elizabeth and James want to address what matters most to Green Party members so please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
by July 7.